Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid teaches individuals how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and get them help and connected to appropriate care.
WHAT IT COVERS
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect the person with help.
- NEW: How to administer naloxone in the event of an opioid overdose
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT
- Police officers
- Hospital staff
- First responders
- Faith leaders
- Community members
- Caring individuals
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
More than 1 million trained!
Please call our Mental Health Coordinator, Kelly Godwin at 936-521-6419 or email her at email@example.com
to schedule a class.
Click on the image to download the brochure.